What is CordAdvantage?
CordAdvantage is the highest quality and most innovative stem cell collection method in the cord blood banking industry today. It utilizes a proprietary technology that was developed over four years at Americord’s Research and Development facility in upstate New York. This new technology is capable of harvesting twice the number of stem cells than can be harvested in a typical cord blood collection.
By signing up for CordAdvantage you’ll get up to double the normal number of cord blood stem cells, you’ll also store stem cells from the cord tissue and placenta tissue.
CordAdvantage exceeds all quality standards across the industry
- Harvests up to twice the number of stem cells compared to a typical cord blood collection
- Collection kit designed to collect cord blood from the umbilical cord and placenta as well as cord tissue and placenta tissue
- Comes with Americord’s proprietary collection stand
- Expedited medical courier included
- 20 years of storage in Americord’s family bank ensures that your baby’s stem cells are preserved exclusively for your use
Preserve Up To Twice As Many Stem Cells
CordAdvantage is a proprietary process developed by the Americord research team that harvests stem cells from cord blood in the placenta and the umbilical cord. This groundbreaking technology allows parents to preserve more than twice the volume of cord blood than can be preserved in a typical cord blood collection. By increasing the stem cell yield, CordAdvantage dramatically improves the usefulness of preserved stem cells and therefore addresses the most significant limitation of cord blood banking.
Expand Your Treatment Options
The most significant limitation of cord blood banking until now has been that the number of stem cells that are preserved in a typical cord blood collection are only sufficient to treat someone who weighs up to about 65 pounds if doctors follow best practices. Sometimes, especially if options have run out, doctors will treat patients over 65 pounds, but treatment is less likely to succeed.
But now, with CordAdvantage you can preserve enough stem cells to treat an adult. And, because the CordAdvantage process stores two bags of cord blood that are each divided into two segments, you have the option of using stem cells for up to four treatments. This is twice the number of treatment opportunities you’d have with most other cord blood banks.
More Of The Most Valuable Stem Cells
What makes CordAdvantage so innovative is its proprietary process that harvests stem cells from cord blood found in the placenta in addition to cord blood found in the umbilical cord. Until now, getting a large volume of cord blood rich with HSCs from the placenta has been difficult.
Stem cells from cord blood in the placenta are identical to stem cells from cord blood in the umbilical cord. This type of stem cell has been used in the treatment of over 80 rare blood diseases and is proposed in use for hundreds of other diseases and disorders.
Why Get Cord Blood From the Placenta?
When preserving your baby’s cord blood, one of the most important goals for your family is to make sure that the collection yields the greatest number of stem cells possible and that the cells are viable and available if they are ever needed for transplant. It is important to consider preserving stem cells from the cord blood in the placenta for three key reasons:
- On average, the volume of stem cells available from umbilical cord blood alone is simply not enough to treat an adult patient, or any patient who weighs more than 65 pounds
- A larger volume of stem cells can also be a life-saving resource for children (or any patient under approximately 65 pounds) because it enables doctors to provide more than one treatment, treat more than one patient, or treat a relapse in a single patient
- Having more stem cells available for treatment is directly correlated to increased survival for transplant patients
- One-time payment of $9,999 includes CordAdvantage, cord blood, cord tissue, placenta tissue and 20 years of storage
- 12-month payment plan of $999/month includes CordAdvantage, cord blood, cord tissue, placenta tissue and 20 years of storage
- 24-month payment plan is $499/month includes CordAdvantage, cord blood, cord tissue, placenta tissue and 20 years of storage
Inquire by phone for availability 866-503-6005 x1