What Is Cord Tissue?
Cord tissue, which refers to the connective tissue of the umbilical cord (not the cord blood inside of it) is an easily accessible source of stem cells when a baby is born. Cord tissue is routinely discarded along with the placenta after birth. Parents-to-be who want to expand their baby’s options for future medical treatment should consider banking stem cells from their baby’s cord tissue.
Cord tissue contains a unique kind of stem cells
The type of umbilical cord stem cells that exist in great quantities in cord tissue are called mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), which have the ability to develop into many types of connective tissue, such as cardiac muscle cells.
- MSCs collected from umbilical cord tissue are genetically unique to your baby and family.
- While MSCs are not currently being used for medical therapies, they are the subject of over 200 clinical trials.
- Research has indicated that MSCs hold the promise of being able to someday treat debilitating conditions such as heart disease, type 1 diabetes, lung cancer, Parkinson’s Disease, and injuries to bones and cartilage.
When can you save stem cells from cord tissue?
Cord tissue (along with cord blood and placenta tissue, which also contain stem cells) can only be collected right after your baby is born. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to expand your baby’s and your family’s future options for medical treatment.
Americord is committed to quality and affordability
Preserving stem cells is one of the smartest decisions you can make when it comes to the wellbeing of your baby and other family members. Once you make the decision to preserve cord tissue stem cells along with cord blood or placenta tissue stem cells, compare Americord to the other leading cord blood banking and cord tissue banking companies, such as Viacord or CBR.
- Americord has set a new standard for dependable, personalized customer service – our commitment to our customers is unmatched in the industry, and we’ll be here for you for years to come with unwavering dedication to your family.
- Americord’s prices for cord blood banking are far lower than our competitors’ prices.
Don’t accept second best when it comes to preserving your baby’s cord tissue stem cells for the future. Contact us today so we can help put you on the path that will lead to a potentially healthier future for you and your loved ones.