What is Cord Blood?
Cord blood is an easily accessible source of stem cells that are available only when a baby is born. Cord blood remains in the umbilical cord and in the placenta following the birth of a baby. The cord blood is routinely discarded in the hospital along with the placenta after birth. Every year millions of parents miss out on the opportunity to collect stem cells at the only time they can, which is just after a baby is born.
Why is it important?
Stem cells in the placental and umbilical cord blood are genetically unique to your baby and family. They can be used to treat various medical problems for your child, his or her siblings, and other family members. With more than 80 diseases now treatable using cord blood stem cells, the motivation for collecting this valuable and potentially life-saving material is clear.
When can you save it?
Cord blood (along with cord tissue and placenta tissue, which also contain stem cells) can only be collected right after a baby is born. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to expand your baby's and your family's future options for medical treatment.
Saving stem cells can be effortless
Americord offers state-of-the-art services so that parents can easily save cord blood stem cells and preserve them for years to come. We also offer a variety of payment plans, and our prices all include 20 years of storage for your baby's stem cells.
As soon as you enroll with Americord, we make sure everything is organized – you don’t have to worry about anything else before your delivery day. It's a simple three-step process:
- Enroll with Americord and you will receive the Americord Collection Kit, which has everything your medical practitioner will need to complete the cord blood collection.
- Take the Americord Collection Kit to the hospital with you when you go to give birth.
- After you give birth, call the number on the kit and Americord's medical courier will pick up the kit right from your hospital bedside and rush it to our laboratory.
Quality and affordability
Preserving stem cells is one of the smartest decisions you can make when it comes to the wellbeing of your baby and other family members. Once you make the decision to preserve cord blood stem cells along with cord tissue or placenta tissue stem cells, compare Americord to the other leading cord blood banking and cord tissue banking companies, such as Viacord or CBR.
- Americord has set a new standard for dependable, personalized customer service -- our commitment to our customers is unmatched in the industry, and we'll be here for you for years to come with unwavering dedication to your family.
- Americord's prices for cord blood banking are far lower than our competitors’ prices.
Don’t accept second best when it comes to preserving your baby’s cord blood stem cells for the future. Contact us today so we can help put you on the path that will lead to a potentially healthier future for you and your loved ones.